|Name||:||Dr Pulakjyoti Bhuyan|
|Designation||:||Senior Principal Scientist|
|Contact Details||:||Applied Organic Chemistry Group, CSIR-North East Institute of Science & Technology Jorhat 785006, Assam, India|
|Email id||:||firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com|
- Development of bioactive heterocyclic molecules (alkaloids based on indole, carbazole, carboline, quinoline, etc, quinones, furans, coumarins and pyrimidines). The work involves the synthesis of new molecules based on lead as well as for lead generation
- Sustainable chemistry & Organic Synthesis
- CSIR In-house /Net-work Projects (R&D): 1. Development of new analogues of Drugs & Drug intermediates (CSIR-NEIST). 2. Development of Bioactive Molecules for Drugs & Intermediates (CSIR-NEIST). 3. Organic reaction in generating innovative and natural scaffolds (ORIGIN, a Net-work project) 4. Affordable cancer therapeutic (ACT, a Net-work project) 5. Facility Creation project: “CSIR Advanced Analytical Facility for North East” (As PI)
- Work on externally funded projects: 1. Microwave assisted multi-component reaction in solvent free condition and rapid synthesis of some novel annelated quinolines, 2004-2008, DST, New Delhi. (As PI) 2. Isolation, identification and structural elucidation of bioactive compounds produced by plant growth promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR) and their application in agriculture improvement, 2002-2006, DST, New Delhi. (As Co-PI) 3. Stereoselective synthesis of novel steroidal heterocycles utilizing enamide chemistry 2004-2008, DST, New Delhi. (As Co-PI) 4. Domino Diels-Alder & dipolar cycloaddition reactions in the synthesis of carbazoles & carbolines: Synthesis of some new analogues of carbazole and carboline alkaloids and assay for their potential biological activity. 2009-2013, DST, New Delhi. (As PI) 5. Sustainable chemistry in the synthesis of some novel functionalised coumarins and assay for their potential biological activity. 2013, DST, New Delhi. (As PI).
- International collaborative project: An approach to the total synthesis of (+)gelliusines class of marine alkaloids of biological significance and asymmetric synthesis of 3,3'-diindolyl methanes. 2010-2013, DST, New Delhi and GITA-CII, New Delhi & NSC Taiwan. (As PI from Indian part).
- 3 patents (Indian)
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications:66; Papers Presented = 26
- An efficient one-pot three-component reaction for the synthesis of novel functionalized pyrano[3,2-c]coumarins catalyzed by Na2CO3 in aqueous medium, Pallabi Borah, P. Seetham Naidu, Swarup Majumder and Pulak J. Bhuyan, RSC Advances, 2013, 3, 20450-20455.
- Microwave promoted diastereoselective synthesis of dihydroindeno[1,2-b]furan via one-pot three-component reaction in solvent-free conditions, Swarup Majumder, Meenakshi Sharma, and Pulak J. Bhuyan, Tetrahedron Letters, 2013, 54, 6868-6870.
- Synthesis of some novel spiro substituted pyrido[2,3-c]-coumarins by exploring “tertiary amine effect” reaction strategy, Pallabi Borah and Pulak J. Bhuyan, Tetrahedron Letters, 2013, 54, 6949-6951.
- An efficient and regioselective multicomponent synthesis of Pyrimido[4,5-d]pyrimidine derivatives in water, Swarup Majumder, Pallabi Borah and Pulak J. Bhuyan, Tetrahedron Letters, 2014, 55, 1168–1170.
- A novel one-pot three-component reaction for the synthesis of 5-arylamino-pyrrolo[2,3-d]pyrimidines under microwave irradiation, P. Seetham Naidu and Pulak J. Bhuyan, RSC Advances, 2014, 4, 9942-9945.
- A mild process of carbon-carbon bond formation in aqueous medium: Synthesis of bis-(pyrrolo[2,3-d]pyrimidinyl)methanes, a novel class of compounds, Meenakshi Sharma and Pulak J. Bhuyan, RSC Advances, 2014, 4, 15709-15712.
- Synthesis of symmetrical and unsymmetrical bis(pyrrolo[2,3-d]pyrimidinyl)methanes, Meenakshi Sharma and Pulak J. Bhuyan, RSC Advances, 2014, 4, 60640-60647.
- Three-component domino heteroannulation and synthesis of some novel dihydropyrimido[4,5-b][1,8]naphthyridine derivatives, P. Seetham Naidu, Sinki Kolita, Swarup Majumder and Pulak J. Bhuyan, Synthesis, 2015, 47, 701-711
- Reductive Alkylation of α-Keto Imines Catalyzed by PTSA/FeCl3: Synthesis of Indoles and 2,3´-Biindoles, P. Seetham Naidu, Sinki Kolita, Meenakshi Sharma and Pulak J. Bhuyan, J. Org. Chem., 2015, 80, 6381–6390.
- DMSO and Iodine Mediated Reaction of 4-Hydroxycoumarins and Aldehydes/Aryl Methyl Ketones: Synthesis of Furo[3,2-c]coumarins, Sinki Kolita, Pallabi Borah, P. Seetham Naidu and Pulak J Bhuyan, Tetrahedron, 2016, 72, 532-538
Awards and Fellowships
- Elsevier Best cited paper award (for 2005-2008), for the paper “Uncatalysed Knovenagel condensation in aquous medium at room temperature” Mohit L. Deb, Pulak. J. Bhuyan, Tetrahedron Lett ., 2005, 6453.
- Elsevier Best cited paper award (for 2006-2009), for the paper “A novel and clean synthesis of Bis(indolyl)methane” Mohit L. Deb, Pulak. J. Bhuyan, Tetrahedron Lett ., 2006, 1441.
- Received one of the five awards (in challenge taking category) given by programme Director Ian Dean in the Module 2 of CSIR-LDP organised at HRDC, Ghaziabad from 17th – 29th Feb./2008.