|Name||:||Dr Pinaki Sengupta|
|Designation||:||Chief Scientist and Area Coordinator|
|Contact Details||:||9435350106, 0376-2370081, 2372267|
|Email id||:||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
- Ores & Minerals (including Graphite, Clay, Limestone, Coal, Iron ore etc.)
- Building materials (Bricks and Cement)
- Oil field chemicals and materials (Drilling mud additive, Water injection chemical, High Strength Proppant)
- Advanced Materials: Graphene-nanometal composites.
- R & D projects, Process Development and Technology Transfer in - Oil Field Chemicals and Materials Building Materials Ores and Minerals Advanced Materials
- R & D Projects undertaken and completed: • 22 Externally funded projects completed/ongoing (10 as PI, 3 as Co-PI, 9 as team member) • 14 Inhouse/Network/FAC projects completed/ongoing
- Patents 10
- Technologies: • Chrome Lignite: Technology transferred to M/s Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd., Kolkata. • Hydroxy-Aluminium: Technology transferred M/s Oil India Ltd., Duliajan. • Sodium Lignosulphonate: Technology transferred M/s Henkel Chemicals Ltd., Bombay. • High Strength Proppant: Scaled up; CSIR Technology Award for Innovation 2010 received • Oil field waste utilization: Process developed for value added product like common masonry brick from oil field ETP sludge: Scaled up; Field trial and demonstration to entrepreneurs and ONGCL completed • Iron ore beneficiation and pelletization: Technology transfer is being negotiated Characterization and beneficiation of Minerals from NE region like Graphite, Limestone, Clay, Coal etc.: Process and Flow Sheet developed
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications: 22
- Synthesis, characterization and catalytic application of Au NPs-reduced graphene oxide composites material: An eco-friendly approach, Sharma, P., Darabdhara, G., Reddy, T.M., Borah, A., Bezboruah, P., Gogoi, P., Hussain, N., Das, M.R., Catalysis Communications, 2013, 40 , 139 – 144.
- The synthesis of citrate-modified silver nanoparticles in an aqueous suspension of graphene oxide nanosheets and their antibacterial activity, Das, M.R., Sarma, R.K., Borah, S.C., Kumari, R., Saikia, R., Deshmukh, A.B., Shelke, M.V., Boukherroub, R. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 2013,105, 128 – 136.
- Synthesis of silver nanoparticles in an aqueous suspension of graphene oxide sheets and its antimicrobial activity, Das, M.R., Sarma, R.K., Saikia, R., Kale, V.S., Shelke, M.V., Sengupta, P., Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 2011, 83 (1) PP. 16 – 22.
- ESR investigation of deferration treatment of iron-rich kaolinite clay from Deopani, Assam, India, Sengupta, P., Saikia, N.J., Bharali, D.J., Saikia, P.C., Borthakur, P.C., Current Science, 2006, 91 (1) PP. 86 – 90.
- Thermogravimetric combustion kinetics of petroleum effluent treatment plant sludge, Saikia, N.J., Sengupta, P., Gogoi, P.K., Borthakur, P.C., Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry 2005, 79 (3) PP. 653 – 662.
- Characterization, beneficiation and utilization of a kaolinite clay from Assam, India, Saikia, N.J., Bharali, D.J., Sengupta, P., Saikia, P.C., Borthakur, P.C. Applied Clay Science, 2003, 24 (1-2), pp. 93-103.
- Kinetics of dehydroxylation of kaolin in presence of oil field effluent treatment plant sludge, Saikia, N., Sengupta, P., Gogoi, P.K.,Borthakur, P.Ch. Applied Clay Science, 2002, 22 (3), pp. 93-102.
- Bricks from petroleum effluent treatment plant sludge: Properties and environmental characteristics, Sengupta, P., Saikia, N., Borthakur, P.C., Journal of Environmental Engineering, 128 (11), 2002, 1090-1094.
- Oil field sludge used to make brick, Saikia, N.J., Sengupta, P., Dutta, D.K., Saikia, P.C., Borthakur, P.C, American Ceramic Society Bulletin, 79, Issue 7, 2000, 71-74.
- Adsorption of Cr(VI) in layered double hydroxides, Goswamee, R.L., Sengupta, P., Bhattacharyya, K.G., Dutta, D.K., Applied Clay Science, 13, Issue 1, 1998, 21-34
Awards and Fellowships
- CSIR Technology Award for Innovation 2010 for Developing Process for High Strength Proppant
- “Peravadhanulu Award” for the best paper in the Characterization category for the paper ‘SEM-EDX characterization of some graphite deposits of Arunachal Pradesh’, Sarat Ch. Das, Manash R. Das and Pinaki Sengupta at ‘XII International Conference on Mineral Processing Technology: MPT-2011’, organized by Indian Institute of Minerals Engineers and Hindustan Zinc Limited, Vedanta in Udaipur during 20-22, October 2011.
- Best Poster at the National Conference of Frontier of Chemical Sciences (FICS) 2010 at IIT, Guwahati during 3-4 December 2010 for the paper ‘Synthesis of citrate modified silver nanoarticles on Graphene Oxide Aqueous Suspension’, Roopa Kumari, Manash R. Das and Pinaki Sengupta.
- DAAD Jr. Fellowship, TU Clausthal, Germany, June 1990 – Sept 1991
- Member of “Clay products for Buildings Sectional Committee CED 30” of Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi
- Alert Group Member for CED 30 of Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi