|Name||:||Dr. Leon Raj|
|Qualification||:||PDF (Structural Engineering) - Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai
Ph.D. (Structural Engineering) – Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai
ME (Structural Engineering) – A.C. College of Engineering and Technology, Govt. of Tamil Nadu, Karaikudi
BE (Civil Engineering) – St. Xavier’s Catholic College of Engineering, Nagercoil. (Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai)
|Contact Details||:||Applied Civil Engineering Division, CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat, Assam. Mobile No. 9487607151|
|Email id||:||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
- Design and analysis of concrete structures
- Design of prefabricatedstructures
- Earthquake resistant design of buildings
- Design of secant pile at KSEBL Munnar (Consultancy-CNP 472)
- Mix design for piling and slabs (Testing Services)
- Secured First class with distinction in both Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees.
- Received Prime Minister Fellowship for four years during Undergraduate degree.
- Received travel grant from Indian Institute of Technology Madras to attend conference at Singapore, Jordan and Malaysia and in the month of June 2013, March 2015 and August 2015, respectively
- Awarded Institute post-doctoral fellowship by Indian Institute of Technology Madras for completing PhD thesis within a benchmark period of 4 & 1/2 years.
- The proposal titled as “Fatigue Behaviour of Concrete Panels Subjected to Biaxial Compressive Stresses” had been selected by Science and Engineering Research Board (DST-SERB) for National Post-Doctoral Fellow (NPDF) at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (Denied).
- Awarded honorarium for writing full course material on “Waste Management Banks” for the MBA course in Waste Management and Social Entrepreneurship offered by Mahatma Gandhi National Council of Rural Education, MHRD.
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications: 6
- Raj J.L., & T. Chockalingam (2019): Strength and abrasion characteristics of pervious concrete, Road Materials and Pavement Design https://doi.org/10.1080/14680629.2019.1596828 (Publisher: Taylor & Francis; IF: 2.24; SJR Ranking: Q1)
- Raj J.L., Rao G.A. (2019) Issues on Design Shear Strength of RC Deep Beams. In: Rao A., Ramanjaneyulu K. (eds) Recent Advances in Structural Engineering, Volume 1. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, vol 11. Springer, Singapore2.
- Raj, J.L., and Rao, G.A. (2018). “Load Configuration, Geometry and Web Reinforcement Effects on Failure Modes of Sandwich Deep Beams.” Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials, 20 (7), 811–830. (IF 2.93)
- Rao, G.A., and Raj, J.L. (2017). “Failure Analysis of 3D Sandwich Beams under Transverse Shear.” Journal of Structural Engineering(SERC), 44(1), 76-87.
- Raj, J.L., and Rao, G. A. (2014). “Shear Strength of RC Deep Beam Panels - A review.” International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, 3(16), 89–103
- Raj, J. L., and Rao, G. A. (2013). “Performance of RC Deep Beams with Different Combinations of Web Reinforcement.” Applied Mechanics and Materials, 343, 21–26.
- Raj, J.L., Bhavani, K.D., Rao, M.L.S.R. and Deori, S, (2018). “Limiting Shear Strength Expression for RC Corbels”. International Conference on Infrastructure ICID-2018, Jorhat, India, Dec 2018.
- Chokalingam, T., Raj, J.L. and Vijayaprabha and (2018). “Verification of Size Effect in Pervious Concrete”. International Conference on Infrastructure ICID-2018, Jorhat, India, Dec 2018.
- Raj, J.L., and Rao, G.A. (2015). “Shear Strength of 3d Panels as Beams at Low Shear span-to-depth ratio” The Sixth Jordanian International Civil Engineering Conference(JICEC06), Jordan, March 2015.
- Raj, J.L., and Rao, G.A. (2015). “Failure Modes of RC Deep Beams Panels” The 7th Asia Pacific Young Researchers and Graduates Symposium; “Innovations in Materials and Structural Engineering Practices,” August 2015, Malaysia,190–198.
- Raj, J.L., and Rao, G.A. (2015). “Issues on Design Shear Strength of RC Deep Beams”Structural Engineering Convention, India, December 2016.
Contribution towards upliftment of research
- Published an article in “The Hindu”, emphasising research methodology and stages of Ph.D. dissertation. Leon Raj J (2017) “Earning your doctorate”, The Hindu, Edge, 14thAugust 2017.
- Published an article in “The New Indian Express”, enlisting software useful for PhD thesis writing. Leon Raj J (2018) “Here are a few softwares that will make writing a PhD thesis easier”. The New Indian Express, EDEX Live, 24th April 2018.
- Seminar on "Swach Bharat Mission"
- Keynote lecture in International Conference on "Materials, Emerging devices and Energy-efficient Technologies MEETCON-2017"
- Design of Special Structures and Research Methodology
- Civil Engineering Association Valedictory function
- Recent Developments in Civil and Earthquake Engineering
Workshop Organised/Training offered
- One day national workshop on Recent Developments in Civil and Earthquake Engineering, RDCEE-18at CSIR NEIST as Organizing secretary. Moreover, 175 students and 24 faculty of North east region had participated and benefited.
- Trainer of TEQUIP III sponsored workshop, “Training on SAP 2000” held at Jorhat Engineering College, Assam (6 days)