|Name||:||Dr. Leon Raj|
|Qualification||:||PDF (Structural Engineering) - Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai
Ph.D. (Structural Engineering) – Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai
ME (Structural Engineering) – A.C. College of Engineering and Technology, Govt. of Tamil Nadu, Karaikudi
BE (Civil Engineering) – St. Xavier’s Catholic College of Engineering and Technology, Nagercoil. (Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai)
|Contact Details||:||Applied Civil Engineering Division, CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat, Assam. Mobile No. 9487607151|
|Email id||:||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Design and analysis of concrete structures
- Design of prefabricatedstructures
- Earthquake resistant design of buildings
- Secured Fist class with distinction in both Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees.
- Received merit Prime Minister Fellowship for four years in Undergraduate degree.
- Received Post-Doctoral Fellowship from Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai since submitted thesis within 4 years and 6 months.
- Received Travel grant from Indian Institute of Technology Madras to attend conferences held in Singapore, Jordan and Malaysia and in the month of June 2013, March 2015 and August 2015, respectively.
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications: 7
- Raj, J.L., and Rao, G.A. (2016). “Load Configuration, Geometry and Web Reinforcement Effects on Failure Modes of Sandwich Deep Beams.” Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials, IF 2.93.
- Rao, G.A., and Raj, J.L. (2017). “Failure Analysis of 3D Sandwich Beams under Transverse Shear.” Journal of Structural Engineering(SERC), 44(1), 76-87.
- Raj, J.L., and Rao, G. A. (2014). “Shear Strength of RC Deep Beam Panels - A review.” International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, 3(16), 89–103
- Raj, J. L., and Rao, G. A. (2013). “Performance of RC Deep Beams with Different Combinations of Web Reinforcement.” Applied Mechanics and Materials, 343, 21–26. Conference papers
- Raj, J.L., and Rao, G.A. (2015). “Shear Strength of 3d Panels as Beams at Low Shear span-to-depth ratio” The Sixth Jordanian International Civil Engineering Conference(JICEC06), Jordan, March 2015.
- Raj, J.L., and Rao, G.A. (2015). “Failure Modes of RC Deep Beams Panels” The 7th Asia Pacific Young Researchers and Graduates Symposium; “Innovations in Materials and Structural Engineering Practices,” August 2015, Malaysia,190–198.
- Raj, J.L., and Rao, G.A. (2015). “Issues on Design Shear Strength of RC Deep Beams”Structural Engineering Convention, India, December 2016.
- Leon Raj J (2017) “Earning your doctorate”, The Hindu, Edge, 14th August 2017. (Link: http://www.thehindu.com/education/earning-your-doctorate/article19480203.ece)