|Name||:||Mr. Ravi Kumar Lingam|
|Qualification||:||M.Tech(Chemical Engg.) IIT Kharagpur|
|Contact Details||:||Chemical Engineering Block, Pilot Plant Area, CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat – 785006, Assam. Ph: 0376-2370121|
- Leaching, Equilibrium Separations, Gas-Liquid reactions, Green Technology , Hydro Metallurgy, Process Engineering
- Research and Development, Tata Steel Limited, Jamshedpur.
June 2007- Aug 2012 Researcher
Sept 2012 - June 2017 Principal Researcher
- A bench scale pressure reactor unit with data acquisition and control system for chemical leaching of minerals (PCT/IN09/000277 )
- Design of a pressure reactor for chemical leaching of minerals at high temperature.
- Design of an agitated pressure Nutsche filter for separation of solids after leaching of minerals using viscous solvents.
- A new bench scale reactor with data acquisition and control system for chemical leaching of minerals at high pressure.
- Process for recovery of spent acid and by-products separation during chemical leaching of coal.
- Process for removing silica from the spent liquor generated during leaching of coal using alkali by Friedel’s Salt.
- An improved carbonation reactor system for and a process for regenerating spent alkali.
- A two stage process for separation of silicon/aluminium based compounds from spent acid in a coal leaching process.
- Process for purification of impurities from spent hydrochloric acid by oxidation.
- High pressure reactor for coal demineralization process with in-line high temperature pressure filtration system.
- A process for improved quality coke with lesser energy in stamp charge coke making
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications: 6
- P.S. Dash , R.K. Lingam , S. Santosh Kumar , A. Suresh, P.K. Banerjee , S. Ganguly ,Effect of elevated temperature and pressure on the leaching characteristics of Indian coals, Fuel, Vol.: 140, 2015,pp 302–308
- Ravi Kumar Lingam, A. Suresh, Pratik Swarup Dash, Santosh Kumar Sriramoju, and Tathagata Ray,Upgrading coal washery rejects through caustic-acid leaching,Mineral Processing and Extractive metallurgy review,2016,Vol:37,No 2,PP 69-72
- A. Suresh , R.K. Lingam, S.K. Sriramoju, A. Bodewar, T. Ray, P.S. Dash,Pilot scale demineralization study on coal flotation tailings and optimization of the operational parameters with modeling,IJMP,145(2015)23-31
- Pratik S. Dash, D. N. Prasad, Santosh K. Sriramoju, R. K. Lingam, A. Suresh, P. K. Banerjee and S. Ganguly,Maximizing demineralization during chemical leaching of coal through optimal reagent addition policy, Chemical Product and Process Modeling, Volume 10,Issue 1,2015
- H. P. Tiwari, S. K. Haldar, S. Dutta, and R. K. Lingam, Heat recovery stamp charged coke making : An experience in Operational excellence,Coke and chemistry,2015,Vol 58,No 11,pp 432-441
- Ravi Kumar Lingam, Pratik Swarup Dash and P.K. Banerjee,Production of Low Ash Clean Coal in India: An Essential Step towards Energy Security and Environmental Protection, steel tech, vol 7, No: 1, October 2012.
Awards and Fellowship
- Tata Innovista 2012 (The Leading Edge: Proven Technology – Tata Group)
- Global RD&T Best Project Award 2012 (Innovation category- Tata Steel Group)
Membership in Professional Bodies
- Life Member in Indian Institute of Metals
- Life Member in Indian Institute of Mineral Engineers
- Life Member in The Mining, Geological and Metallurgical Institute of India
Conferences and workshop
- CHEMCON 2009 ,Andhra University, Visakhapatnam – Oral Presentation
- MPT 2010,CSIR-NML, Jamshedpur – Oral Presentation
- IMPC 2010,Brisbane,Australia – Poster Presentation
- Participated in Workshop on scale-up studies 2014 (IIME Jamshedpur chapter)
- Spearheaded sponsor committee of International conference on beneficiation of fines ‘ICBENEFIT 2007’ in Jamshedpur
- Participated in IP workshop 2015 organized by Tata Group
- Participated in TRIZ and Technology Roadmap workshop 2015 organized by Tata Group
- Participated in Finance and Procurement for Officersworkshop 2015