|Name||:||Dr. Biswajit Saha|
|Qualification||:||Ph D (Inorganic Chemistry)|
|Contact Details||:||Advanced Material Science Technology Division, CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat- 785006, Tel: 9889703614, 0376-2370081(O)|
|Email id||:||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Small molecule Activation
- Green Chemistry
- Reaction Mechanism
- DST-SERB Funded Project under 'EEQ'(March 2018 - March 2021) [PI]
- DST-SERB Funded Project under Early Career Research Award Scheme (Sept 2016 - Sept 2019)[PI]
- In House Project from CSIR-NEIST [Member]
- In House Project OLP-2012 from CSIR-NEIST [Member]
- In House Project OLP-2003 from CSIR-NEIST [Member]
- 'Catalysts for Specialty Chemicals'; CSIR-Network Project [Member]
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications: 8
- Metal–Ligand Cooperation on Diruthenium Platform: Catalytic Activity in Acceptorless Dehydrogenative Coupling of Alcohols with Amines. Biswajit Saha, S. M. W. Rahaman, P. Daw, G. Sengupta, and J. K. Bera, Chem Eur. J. 2014, 20, 6542 (DOI: 10.1002/chem.201304403). Impact Factor: 5.696.
- Site-Directed Anchoring of N-Heterocyclic Carbene (NHC) on Dimetal Platform: Evaluation of a Pair of Diruthenium(I) Catalysts for Carbene-Transfer Reactions from Ethyl Diazoacetate. Biswajit Saha, T. Ghatak, A. Sinha, S. M. W. Rahaman and J. K. Bera, Organometallics 2011, 30, 2051 (DOI: 10.1021/om200142p). Impact Factor: 4.253.
- Amide Synthesis from Alcohols and Amines Catalyzed by a RuIIN-Heterocyclic Carbene (NHC)-Carbonyl Complex.’ Biswajit Saha, G. Sengupta, A. Sarbajna, I. Dutta and J. K. Bera, J. Organomet. Chem. 2014, 771, 124 (DOI: org/10.1016/j.jorganchem.2013.12.051). Impact Factor: 2.302.
- Contrasting Reactivity of 2-Mesityl-1,8-Naphthyridine (Mes-NP) with Singly-Bonded [RhII–RhII] and [RuI–RuI] Compounds. Biswajit Saha, S. M. W. Rahaman, A. Sinha and J. K. Bera, Aus. J. Chem. 2011, 64, 583 (DOI: org/10.1071/CH11060). Impact Factor: 1.644.
- Bimetallic Catalysis Involving Dipalladium(I) and Diruthenium(I) Complexes. R. K. Das, Biswajit Saha, S. M. W. Rahaman and J. K. Bera, Chem. Eur. J. 2010, 16, 14459 (DOI: 10.1002/chem.201001960). Impact Factor: 5.696
- Steric Control at the Wingtip of a Bis-N-Heterocyclic Carbene Ligand: Coordination Behavior and Catalytic Responses of its Ruthenium Compounds. S. Saha, T. Ghatak, Biswajit. Saha, H. Doucet and J. K. Bera, Organometallics 2012, 31, 5500 (DOI: 10.1021/om300469n). Impact Factor: 4.253.
- Multifaceted Coordination of Naphthyridine-Functionalized N-Heterocyclic Carbene: A Novel “IrIII(C∧N)(C∧C)” Compound and Its Evaluation as Transfer Hydrogenation Catalyst. A. Sinha, S. M. W. Rahaman, M. Sarkar, Biswajit Saha, P. Daw and J. K. Bera, Inorg. Chem. 2009, 48, 11114 (DOI: 10.1021/ic901502n). Impact Factor: 4.794.
- A RuII–N-heterocyclic Carbene (NHC) Complex from Metal–Metal Singly Bonded Diruthenium(I) Precursor: Synthesis, Structure and Catalytic Evaluation. A. Sinha, P. Daw, S. M. W. Rahaman, Biswajit Saha and J. K. Bera, J. Organomet. Chem. 2011, 696, 1248 (DOI: 10.1016/j.jorganchem.2010.11.003). Impact Factor: 2.302.
- Molecular Metal-Metal Bonds. Compounds, Synthesis, Properties, Ed. Stephen Liddle (Willey-VCH) Chapter 9 – Group 9 Metal–Metal Bonds, Helen T. Chifotides, Biswajit Saha, Nathan J. Patmore, Kim R. Dunbar, Jitendra K. Bera, (DOI: 10.1002/9783527673353.ch9) (Online ISBN: 9783527673353).
Awards and Fellowships
- Somnath Banarjee Memorial Award for securing 1st Class in B. Sc at Belur Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira, Belur, India (2005).
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) from Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR, India).
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship at University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- 2nd Prize of 2014 Lilly Outstanding Thesis Awards consists of $1000 and a Lilly Plaque.
- IITK Post Doctoral Fellowship.
- PBC Post Doctoral Fellowship at Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.