|Name||:||Dr. Jagat C Borah|
|Designation||:||Pr. Scientist & In Charge NEIST Branch Laboratory, Itanagar|
|Qualification||:||M. Sc, Ph. D|
|Contact Details||:||CSIR-NEIST Branch Itanagar,G-sector, Naharlagun Arunachal Pradesh-791110|
|Email id||:||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com, ORCID ID:http://orcid.org/0000-0001-6876-2659|
- Natural Medicinal Chemistry, Diabetes and related metabolic syndrome
- Research is focused on development of New Chemical Entities (NCEs) from natural product (NP) and natural product derived (ND) for management & treatment of Diabetes Type 2.Our interest is also directed at translational research on ethno-medicinal plants for Standardized Herbal Extract / Formulation for Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus type 2 & related syndrome and preparation thereof.
- Sustainable utilisation of medicinal aromatic & economic plants: Exploration & utilisation of medicinal & economic plants of Arunachal Pradesh through development of agro-technology and chemical investigation, 2012-2017 (MLP 8000 B).
- Plant-derived botanicals from herbs/shrubs of Indo-Burma biodiversity hotspot for control of stored grain insect pests, 2015-2018, Co-PI (DBT, Govt. of India).
- Screening and Characterization of fresh water cyanobacterialrepository for carotenoids and vitamin B-12 for value additions and processoptimization, 2015-2018, Co-PI (DBT, Govt. of India)
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications: 21, Patent Filed: 02
- Devi, S.I., Lotjem, H., Devi, E.J., Potshangbam, M., Ngashangva, N., Borah, J., Sahoo, D., Sharma, C. (2017). Bio-mining the forest ecosystem of North East India for identification of antimicrobial metabolites from fungi through submerged fermentation. Bioresource Technology, 241, 1168-1172 PMID: 28578806
- Sheikh, Y., Chanu, M. B., Talukdar, N.C., Deka, D., Borah, J.C. (2016). In vitro and in vivo anti-diabetic and hepatoprotective effects of edible pods of Parkia roxburghii and quantification of the active constituent by HPLC-PDA. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 191, 21-28.
- Laisharm, S., Sheikh, Y., Moirangthem, D.S., Deb, L., Pal, B.C., Talukdar, N.C., Borah, J.C. (2015). Anti-diabetic molecules from Cycas pectinata Griff. traditionally used by the Maiba-Maibi. Phytomedicine. 22, 23-26. PMID: 25636866.
- Sheikh, Y., Chanu, M. B., Biswas, D., Laisharm, S., Deb, L., Talukdar, N.C., Borah, J.C. (2015). Anti-diabetic potential of selected ethno-medicinal plants of North East India. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 171, 37-41. PMID: 26023028.
- L. Surbala, M. D. Singh, J. C. Borah, M. C. Kalita, N. C. Talukdar (2015). Chrysin rich Scutellaria discolour Colebr. Induces cervical cancer cell death via induction of cell cycle arrest and caspase dependent apoptosis. Life Sciences. 143, 105-113. PMID: 26541229.
- Jagat C Borah, (2015). Shikimic acid: a highly prospective molecule in pharmaceutical industry. Current Science. 109, 1672-1679.
- Buragohain, P., Surineni, N., Barua, N. C., Bhuyan, P. D., Boruah, P., Borah, J. C., Laisharm, S., Moirangthem, D.S. (2015).Synthesis of a novel series of Fluoroarene derivatives of Artemisinin as potent antifungal and anticancer agent. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letter. 25, 3338-3341. PMID: 26099535.
- M. D. Singh, L. Surbala, J. C. Borah, M. C. Kalita, N. C. Talukdar (2014).Cephalotaxus griffithii Hook.f. needle extract induces cell cycle arrest, apoptosis and suppression of hTERT and hTR expression on human breast cancer cells. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 14:305. PMID: 25135691.
Patent: PCT Published
- Inhibitors of bromodomains as modulators of gene expression.(WO 2012116170 A1; PTC/US2012/026308)
Awards and Fellowships
- Postdoctoral fellowship at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, USA (Nov. 2006 – Nov. 2008). (Supervisor: Prof. Ming-Ming Zhou, Chair & Head, Department of Structural & Chemical Biology.)