|Name||:||Dr. Ram Awatar Maurya|
|Qualification||:||M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry), Ph.D. (Medicinal Chemistry)|
|Contact Details||:||Applied Organic Chemistry Group, Chemical Science &Technology Division, CSIR-North East Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat, Assam-785006, Phone-8721827670, Fax: 0376-2370011|
|Email id||:||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Medicinal Chemistry, Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Photochemistry, Flow Microreactor Chemistry
- Multi-disciplinary research in medicinal and organic chemistry (35 Lakh; INSPIRE Project, ongoing since July 2012); PI: Dr. Ram Awatar Maurya
- Green sustainable and flash chemistry using flow microreactors (25 Lakh; Fast Track Project, ongoing since August 2014); PI: Dr. Ram Awatar Maurya
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications: 42
- D. Chandrasekhar, S. Borra, J. B. Nanubolu, and Ram Awatar Maurya*, Visible Light Driven Photocascade Catalysis: Ru(bpy)3PF6/TBHP-Mediated Synthesis of Fused β-Carbolines in Batch and Flow Microreactors, Organic Letters, 2016, DOI: 10.1021/acs.orglett.6b01321.
- D. K. Tiwari, Ram Awatar Maurya,* and J. B. Nanubolu, Visible Light Photoredox Mediated sp3C-H Functionalization and Coupling of Secondary Amines with Vinyl Azides in Flow Microreactors, Chemistry-A European Journal, 2016, 22, 526-530.
- P. R. Adiyala, G. S. Mani, J. B. Nanubolu, K. C. Shekar, and Ram Awatar Maurya*, Access to Imidazo[1,2-a]pyridines via Annulation of α-Keto Vinyl Azides and 2-Aminopyridines, Organic Letters, 2015, 17, 4308–4311.
- D. Chandrasekhar, Satheesh Borra, J. S. Kapure, G. S. Shivaji, G. Srinivasulu, and Ram Awatar Maurya*, Visible-light photoredox catalysis: direct synthesis of fused β-carbolines through oxidation/[3+2] cycloaddition/oxidative aromatization reaction cascade in batch and flow microreactors, Organic Chemistry Frontiers, 2015, 2, 1308 - 1312. (Cover image of the issue)
- A. Kamal, C. N. Reddy, M. Satyaveni, D. Chandrasekhar, J. B. Nanubolu, K. K. Singarapu, and Ram Awatar Maurya*, Cu(OAc)2/Et3N mediated oxidative coupling of α-azido ketones with pyridinium ylides: Utilizing in situ generated imines for regioselective synthesis of imidazo[1,2-a]pyridines, Chemical Communications, 2015, 51, 10475-10478. (Highlighted in Synfacts 2016)
- A. Kamal, K. N. V. Sastry, D. Chandrasekhar, G. S. Mani, P. R. Adiyala, J. B. Nanubolu, K. K. Singarapu, and Ram Awatar Maurya*, One-Pot, Three-Component Approach to the Synthesis of 3,4,5-Trisubstituted Pyrazoles, The Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2015, 80, 4325–4335.
- Ram Awatar Maurya, K.-I. Min, and D.-P. Kim, Continuous flow synthesis of toxic ethyl diazoacetate for utilization in an integrated microfluidic system, Green Chemistry, 2014, 16, 116-120.
- K. C. Basavaraju, S. Sharma, Ram Awatar Maurya, and D.-P. Kim, Safe Use of a Toxic Compound: Heterogeneous OsO4 Catalysis in a Nanobrush Polymer Microreactor, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2013, 52, 6735 –673 (Cover image of the issue)
- S. Sharma, Ram Awatar Maurya, K.-I. Min, G.-Y. Jeong, and D.-P. Kim, Odorless Isocyanide Chemistry: An Integrated Microfluidic System for a Multistep Reaction Sequence, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2013, 52, 7564 –7568, (Article published as cover image of the issue)
- Ram Awatar Maurya, C. P. Park, J.-H. Lee, and D.-P. Kim, Continuous in-situ generation, separation, and reaction of diazomethane in dual channel microreactors, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2011, 50, 5952-5955. (Article published as cover image of the issue)
Awards and Fellowships
- Indian Society of Chemists and Biologists (ISCB) Young Scientist Award (2015)
- DST-SERB Fast Track Project Award 2014
- DST-INSPIRE Faculty Award 2012
- CDRI Diamond Jubilee Award for Excellent Research Work (2011)
- CSIR-SRF, India (2006-2009)
- CSIR-JRF, India (2004-2006)
List of Patents
- D.-P. Kim, C. P. Park, Ram Awatar Maurya, and J. H. Lee, Multi-channel microreactor, method of producing the same, and gas-liquid reaction using the same, Korean Patent Application Patent Appl. No. 10-2011-0092321, Filling Date : 14/09/2011.
- D.-P. Kim, C. P. Park, Ram Awatar Maurya, and J. H. Lee, Multi-channel microreactor, method of producing the same, and photosensitized oxygenations using the same, Korean Patent Application, Patent Appl. No. 10-2011-0091852, Filling Date : 09/09/2011.
- A. Kumar, Ram Awatar Maurya, A. K. Srivastava, A. B. Singh, A. K. Tamrakar, Novel substituted spiro [indoline-heterocycle]-carboxylic acid derivatives as antidiabetic and metabolic disorder treating agents, Indian Patent Application, Patent Appl. No.: 0458DEL2009, Filing Date: 08/03/2010.
- A. Kamal, K. N. V. Sastry, V. L. Nayak, N. Babu, and Ram Awatar Maurya, Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of (Z)-(4H-benzo[g][1,2,3]triazolo[5,1-c][1,4]oxazocin-11-yl)(phenyl)methanone derivatives as Potential Anticancer Agents, Indian Patent Application, Ref.: IP33540/SO/pg.