|Name||:||Dr. Yumnam Silla Devi|
|Qualification||:||M.Sc (Bioinformatics), University of Madras, Chennai,
Ph.D in Biological Sciences (AcSIR) from CSIR-IGIB, New Delhi
Post Doctoral Research Associate, DBT-INDIA
|Contact Details||:||Ph. +91 376 2370121 (ext-2951)|
|Email id||:||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Structural Bioinformatics and Molecular Modeling, Protein-Small molecule/Drug/DNA/RNA Docking, MD simulation, Pharmacogenomics (Drug Design and Therapeutic Targets Identification) Modeling, Building and Exploration of Biological Networks Biological Database creation/Web Design Mass Spectrometry based Proteomics, Metagenomics Human Genome Variation, Comparative Genome and Proteome Analysis
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications:(Book Chapter- 1; International/National Conferences (Oral/Abstract presented) -13
- Yumnam Silla, Arjun Ray, Lipi Thukral, Shantanu Sengupta. Molecular modeling indicates that homocysteine induces conformational changes in the structure of putative target proteins. Journal of Proteins and Proteomics (2015), 6 (3), 271-286
- Puneet Talwar, Yumnam Silla, Sandeep Grover, Gurpreet Kaur Grewal, Ritushree Kukreti. Systems pharmacology and pharmacogenomics for drug discovery and development. Systems and Synthetic Biology (2015), 173-193 doi: 10.1007/978-94-017-9514-2_9
- Puneet Talwar, Yumnam Silla, Sandeep Grover, Meenal Gupta, Rachna Agarwal, Suman Kushwaha, Ritushree Kukreti. Genomic convergence and network analysis approach to identify candidate genes in Alzheimer's disease pathogenesis. BMC Genomics (2014), 15:199 doi:10.1186/1471-2164-15-199 (PMID: 24628925)
- Yumnam Silla, Sundaramoorthy E, Talwar P, Sengupta S. S-linked protein homocysteinylation: identifying targets based on structural, physicochemical and protein-protein interactions of homocysteinylated proteins. AminoAcids.(2013);44(5):1307-16 (PMID: 23400378)
- Yumnam Silla, Chandamouli B, Maiti S, Sengupta S. A single nucleotide polymorphism in transcobalamin II (I5V) induces structural changes in the protein as revealed by molecular modeling studies. Biochemistry. (2011) 1; 50 (8):1396-402 (PMID: 21214274).
- Kumar J, Yumnam S, Basu T, Ghosh A, Garg G, Karthikeyan G, Sengupta S. Association of polymorphisms in 9p21 region with CAD in North Indian population: replication of SNPs identified through GWAS. Clin Genet (2011).79(6):588-93 (PMID: 20718794)
- Priyanka Shrivastava, Vikas Navratna, Yumnam Silla, Rikeshwer P.Dewangan, Sarika Chaudhary,Geetha Vani Rayasam, Anuradha Kumar ,Tanjore S Balganesh, Balasubramanian Gopal, Srinivasan Ramachandran. Inhibition of Mycobacterium tuberculosis dihydrodipicolinate synthase by pyruvate structural analogue α-keto pimelic acid (2016) Scientific Reports (Under Review)
- Puneet Talwar, Swati Mahendru, Gunjan Arora, Yumnam Silla, Gurpreet Kaur Grewal, Neha Kanojia, Meenakshi Singh, Sandeep Grover, Saurabh Vig, Shrikant Kukreti, Ritushree Kukreti. Intronic IVS1+606 C/A polymorphism in human cytochrome P450 1A1 gene modulates promoter activity and influences binding by anti-epileptic drug carbamazepine (2016) J. Biol chem. (Under Review)
- Yumnam Silla, Swati Varshney, Arjun Ray, Trayambak Basak, Angelo Zinellu, Sabareesh V, Ciriaco Carru, Shantanu Sengupta. Hydrolysis of homocysteine thiolactone during binding with proteins results in the formation of Protein-Cys-S-S-homocyteinylation (2016) (under communication)
Awards and Fellowships
- Department of Biotechnology (DBT), INDIA -Post Doctoral Fellowship, 2015
- Senior Research Fellowship from Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), INDIA (2011)
- Travel grant from Asia-Pacific Bioinformatics network APBioNet)/ International society of Computational Biology (ISCB).
- Travel grant from Department of science & technology (DST) INDIA.
- Best poster presentation in project designing “DNA Micro array”