|Name||:||Dr Gakul Baishya|
|Designation||:||Scientist, Asst. Prof. AcSIR|
|Contact Details||:||Natural Products Chemistry Division, CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat-785006, Assam, Ph No: +919435993467 (M)|
|Email id||:||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Development of Novel Synthetic Methods.
- Total Synthesis of Natural Products.
- Isolation and Structure Elucidation of Natural Products Isolated from different Plant Sources.
- C-C Bond Formation Reactions
- Green Chemistry: Organic Transformation using Ionic Liquid, Toxic Metal-Free Catalysis
- Solid Acid Catalysis
- Domino Prins Cyclization Reactions: Syntheses of novel highly Functionalized Tetrahydropyran and Piperidine Derivatives (PI, GAP-258).
- Biotech Intervention of Selected Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (MAP) of NER for their Effective Utilization (Co-PI, GAP-256)
- Discovery of New Anti-malarials (PI, HCP-0001).
- Natural Products as Affordable Healthcare Agents -NAPAHA (Member, CSC-0130).
- A new series of artemisinin derivatives and process for preparation thereof. Gakul Baishya, Nabin Chandra Barua, Abhisek Goswami, Partha Pratim Saikia, Paruchuri Gangadhar Rao, Ajit Kumar Saxena, Nitasa Suri and Madhunika Sharma (Patent filed in India and also in PCT countries Appl. No. 0127DEL2010.
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications: 23
- Diastereoselective synthesis of angularly fused pyranochromenes. Barnali Sarmah, Gakul Baishya*, Nabajyoti Hazarika and Pranab Jyoti Das Synlett 2014, 21, 2151-2155.
- Practical Synthesis of N-(Diphenylmethyl)- and N-(1-Adamantyl)amides Directly from Aldehydes via a One-Pot Schmidt and Ritter Reaction Sequence. Nabajyoti Hazarika, Gakul Baishya* and Prodeep Phukan Synthesis 2015, 47, 2851-2859.
- Phytochemical screening and in vitro antioxidant activity of ethanolic extract of Homalomena aromatica (Araceae) root. Chandana Choudury Barua, Anindita Talukdar, Bhargavi Phukan, Snigdha Hazarika, Acheenta Gohain Barua and Gakul Baishya. Der Pharmacia Lettre 2014, 6, 128-138.
- Prins-arylthiolation reaction on terpenoids: disateroselective sy nthesis of 4-arythiooctahydro-2H-chromenes. Barnali Sarmah, Gakul Baishya* and Rajani K. Baruah. Eu. J. Org. Chem. 2014, 7561-7565.
- One-pot Sequential Schmidt and Ritter reactions for the synthesis of t-Butyl Amides. Nabajyoti Hazarika and Gakul Baishya* Eu. J. Org. Chem. 2014, 5686-5690.
- HBF4.OEt2: An efficient fluorinated acid catalyst for the one-pot synthesis of secondary and tertiary N-homoallylic carbamates. Gakul Baishya*, Nabajyoti Hazarika, Barnali Sarmah Journal of Fluorine Chemistry 2014, 166, 1-7.
- First exapmle of a Prins-Ritter reaction on terpenoids: a diasteroeselective route to novel 4-amido-octahydro-2H-chromenes. Barnali Sarmah, Gakul Baishya* and Rajani K. Baruah. RSC Adv. 2014, 4, 22387-22397.
- A Naturally-Derived Small Molecule Disrupts Ligand-Dependent and Ligand-Independent Androgen Receptor Signaling in Human Prostate Cancer Cells. Karishma S. Amin, Shankar Jagadeesh, Gakul Baishya, Paruchuri G. Rao, Nabin C Barua, Samir Bhattacharya, P. P. Banerjee Mol Cancer Ther molcanther.0478.2013; Published OnlineFirst November 20, 2013; doi:10.1158/1535-7163.MCT-13-0478
- An environmentally benign synthesis of octahydro-2H-chromen-4-ols via modified montmorillonite K10 catalyzed Prins cyclization reaction. Gakul Baishya*, Barnali Sarmah, Nabajyoti Hazarika Synlett 2013, 24, 1137-1141.
- Synthesis of a novel series of highly functionalized Baylis–Hillman adducts of artemisinin with potent anticancer activity. Abhishek Goswami, Partha Pratim Saikia, Bishwajit Saikia, Nabin C. Barua, Ajit K. Saxena, Nitasha Suri, Madhunika Sharma, Gakul Baishya Tetrahedron Lett. 2013, 54, 4221-4224.
List of Invited Talks
- Delivered an invited talk on the topic entitled “An environmentally benign synthesis of octahydro-2H-chromen-4-ol via modified montmorillonite K10 catalyzed Prins cyclization reaction” in the national seminar on “Recent Challenges for Chemical Research and Practices: Moulding Chemistry towards a Better Tomorrow” held at Darrang College, Tezpur (9-10 Nov’12)
- Delivered an invited talk on Prins cyclization and Domino Prins Reaction of Naturally Occurring Homoallylic Alcohol Isopulegol in the Internation Symposium on “Nature Inspired Initiatives in Chemical Trends (NIICT-2014)” at CSIR-IICT, Hyderabad from 2-5th March 2014.
- Delivered an invited talk entitled “One-pot Sequential reactions: A few novel approaches” in the Indo-French conference on “New Trends in Chemistry and Chemical Biology with Special Focus on CNS Disorder” during 9-12 November 2014 at Poduchery, (Organized by CSIR-IICT and CEFIPRA, France).
- Delivered a lecture entitled “Prins Cyclization Reaction: A Tailor for Designing Chromenes” in the 2nd One-day Lecture Series on “New Trend in Organic Synthesis with a Special Focus on Lead Discovery” on 26th June 2015 at CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat.
- Delivered a lecture entitled “Revisiting the application of HBF4•OEt2” in the National Seminar on “Natural Products: Prospects & Perspectives (NPPP-2016)” during 21-22nd March 2016 at CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat, jointly organized by CRSI North East Chapter and CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat.