|Name||:||Dr(Ms) Swapnali Hazarika|
|Email id||:||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Separation Science & Technology, Polymer , synthesis and Characterisation, Membrane and Adsorptive Separation Processes in Bio-Technological and Environmental Applications, Process Intensification studies for bio-products based on Natural Feedstock. Biochemical Engineering, Reaction Engineering, Catalysis, Kinetic Analysis of Reaction, Diffusion in Enzyme Catalyzed Reaction Systems, Molecular Modelling and Simulation., QSAR-QSPR etc
- 1. Studies on Enantioselective Membrane from certain Chiral polymers, DST-New Delhi, July 2005-Jan. 2009 (completed)
- 2. Molecular Recognition Stimuli Responsive Smart Polymeric Gel Microcapsule Membrane for Control Release Application: Probing Role of Diffusion Limitation In Gel Microstructure, CSIR-New Delhi, Sep., 2010-Sep., 2012 (completed)
- 3. Development of Nanostructured Membrane for Solvent Recovery from Dilute Solution, DST-New Delhi, July, 2009-Jan., 2012 (completed)
- 4. Preparation and Application of Immobilized Esterases /(Enzymes) for Industry and Biosensors, 2009-2011, CSIR-New Delhi (International Collaboration) (completed)
- 5. Membrane as Technology plateform for effective Separation of Liquids and Gases (MATES), Apr., 2012-Mar., 2017, CSIR-New Delhi (CSIR Network) (ongoing)
- 6. Development of Molecular Gate Membrane for CO2 Separation and Green Emission Control, DST-New Delhi , January, 2013-January 2016, (ongoing)
- 1.(a) In India: 2 (b) abroad: 1 (Filed)
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications: 19
- 1. S. Hazarika, P. Goswami, N.N. Dutta and A.K. Hazarika,“Ehtyl oleate synthesis by Porcine pancreatic lipase in organic solvents”, Chem. Eng. J., 54 (2002) 61-68.
- 2. L. Kanwar, S. Hazarika, P. Goswami, N. N. Dutta “Novel Lipase isolated from a Pseudomonas Strain and its application in the synthesis of S(+)-2-o-benzylglycerol-1-acetate, J. Chem. Tech. Biotechnol. 77 (2002), 898-902.
- 3. S. Hazarika, P.Goswami, N.N. Dutta, , “Lipase catalyzed transesterfication of 2- O-benzylglycerol with vinyl acetate: Slovent effect”, Chem. Eng. J., (2003), 94, 1-10.
- 4. S Hazarika, A Dutta and N N Dutta, “Pervaporation Aided Esterification of Carboxylic Acids with ethanol using Porcine pancreatic Lipase”, Biocatal. and Biotransf., (2003), 21(3) 101-113.
- 5. S Hazarika, and N N Dutta, “Transesterfication of 2- o-benzylglycerol with vinyl acetate by immobilized lipase from Pseudomonas Cepacia: Reaction and deactivation kinetics”, Org. Proc. Res. And Dev., (2004), 8, 229-237.
- 6. S. Gogoi, S. Hazarika and NN Dutta, “Esterification of lauric acid with lauryl alcohol using cross linked enzyme crystal: Solvent and kinetic study” Biocatal. And Biotransf., (2006), 24(5) 343-351.
- 7. S. Hazarika, N.N. Dutta and P.G. Rao, “A Quantitative Structure Activity Relationship Study on Permeation of Amino acids in Enantioselective Membranes” Appl. Mem. Sc. & Technol. Vol. 2 (2006) 13-29.
- 8. S. Hazarika*, Enantioselective Permeation of Racemic alcohol through Polymeric Membrane, J. Memb. Sci., 310 (2008) 174-183.
- 9. S. Hazarika*, S Dutta and P G Rao, “Synthesis of chiral polymer by Mukaiyama aldol polymerization and its characterization”, J Poly. Material, 25 (2008) 387-398.
- 10.S. Hazarika*, S. Borthakur, N. N. Dutta and P.G. Rao “A Novel Method for Synthesis of Chiral Polymer useful for Membrane Application”, Polymer J. 43, 12, 1067-1075 (2009).
Awards and Fellowships
- Woman Scientist Award by Department of Science & Technology – New Delhi
- NEIST-Jorhat Award for Appreciation of Woman Scientist for Best R & D work for the year 2007-2008.
- Received invitation to deliver a lecture at International Conference on Polymer Blends (ICBC –2008), at Mahatma Gandhi University, Kattayam, Kerala, India.
- NEIST-Jorhat Award for Appreciation of Woman Scientist for Best R & D work for the year 2011-2012 and 2013-2014.
- Received invitation to deliver a lecture at International Conference on Membrane Application, 2013 at Mahatma Gandhi University, Kattayam, Kerala, India.
- Fullbright Fellow, under ‘Woman in Science’ program visited US for three weeks during 5th April-28th April, 2013