|Name||:||DR ARCHANA MONI DAS|
|Qualification||:||M.Sc., M. Phil., Ph.D (Organic Chemistry).|
|Contact Details||:||0376-2371283(O)/ Extn. 2520/ 094354-89369 (M)|
|Email id||:||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Research interest lies in the field of synthesis and characterization of new drug molecules, steroid transformations and synthesis of its relatives, new reagents, development of new synthetic and polymeric methodologies, synthesis and characterization of polymer material, nano composites, modification of fibre applying new technology, Conversion of cellulose to biofule, extraction, isolation and characterization of the natural products having bioactivity etc.
- Principal Investigator : “Utilization Of Plant And Waste Materials Of North-East India To A Value Added Product : Environment Friendly Technology” North-East Council, Shillong, Assam. 2010-2015.
- Principal Investigator : “Sustainable and Biodegradable Hybrid Nano-Composites as Bio-integrated Materials for Advanced Functional Applications” DST, New Delhi, India. 2013-2017.
- Member:“Natural Products as affordable Healthcare Agents (NaPAHA) : Integrated Discovery platform for Natural Products based design of new Biotherapeutics”, CSIR, New Delhi, India, 2013-2017.
- Co-Investigator: “Eco-friendly management of plant pathogens using natural plant extract from North-east India by inducing resistance in plants”, Joint Research Proposal Under ASCR, Czech Republic –CSIR, India Bilateral S&T Programme, 2012-2014.
- “Synthesis Of Some Versatile Steroidal Molecules : Approach To Synthesis Of Hybrid Molecules Including Nine Membered D-Ring Steroids and Chemeric 7-Substituted Derivatives”. Funded by Department of Science & Technology, India, 2009-2013.
- “Studies on graft co- polymerization of vinyl monomer on to Natural fibres”. Funded by North-East Council, Shillong, Assam, 2000-2003.
- International Collaborative Project: Synthesis and Reactivity of Nanoporous Metal-Silica Composites-Novel Heterogeneous Catalysts for Selective Oxidation[DST (India)-RFBS (Russia)].
- Team members of ten Completed project.
- C. N. Saikia and A. M. Das, A process for manufacturing medium density particle board from mixture of plant leaves and other non woody ligno-cellulosic materials and medium density particle board made thereby, 2002.
- P K Chowdhury, Saroj Hazarika & Archana Moni Das, A process for the synthesis of D-Ring fused steroidal -lactones from 20-oxopregnanes, 2004.
- Dr. P K Chowdhury & Dr. A M Das, A Process for the Synthesis of D-ring fused Steroidal- -Butyro Lactones : A Class of Antitumour Steroids from Pregnenolone Acetate and its Relatives, 2009.
- A Novel method for the isolation of vanillin from agrowaste, 2014. (Patent applied for) and Steroid-Chitosan Ketimine nanoparticles and their Antibacterial and antifungal activities, 2014. (Patent applied for)
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications: 15
- A. Das, C. N. Saikia and S. Hussain, Grafting of methylmethacrylate (MMA) onto Antheraea assama silk fibre, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 81, 2633-2641, 2001.
- A M Das and C N Saikia, Grafting of vinyl monomers onto silk fibres : Graft copolymerization of methylmethacrylate (MMA) onto-Antheraea assam silk fibre, Indian J. Chem. Tech., 9, 41-46, 2002.
- A. M. Das, C. N. Saikia and S. Hussain, Property modification of Antheraea assama silk fibre through graft copolymerization, Indian J. Fibre & Text. Res., 27,194-98, 2002.
- Papori Goswami, Saroj Hazarika, Archana Moni Das & Pritish Chowdhury, Ceric Ammonium Nitrate (CAN) catalyzed Baeyer-Villiger Oxidation of Carbonyl Compounds, specially 20-oxosteroids, Indian J. Chem., 43B, 1275-1281, 2004.
- Pritish Chowdhury, Archana Moni Das & Papori Goswami, Synthesis of some steroidal [16,17-d]-isoxazolines, Steroids, 70, 494-498, 2005.
- A M Das*, C N Saikia, P K Chowdhury & P G Rao, Some Physical properties and structure determination of vinyl monomer-grafted Antheraea assama silk fibre, J.Ind.Eng.Chem.Res., 48, 9338, 2009.
- A M Das*, P K Chowdhury, C N Saikia and P G Rao, Grafting of vinyl monomer onto Anthearea assama silk : Copolymerization of acrylamide onto silk, Indian J Fibre & TexRes., 35, 107-114, 2010.
- A M Das*, Kinetic Study and Reaction Mechanism of Vinyl Monomer Modified Antheraea assama Silk Composites, J.Ind.Eng.Chem.Res., 50, 1548–1557, 2011.
- Pritish Chowdhury, J M Borah, Papori Goswami & Archana Moni Das, A convenient synthesis of the side chain of loteprednol etabonate-An ocular softcorticosteroid from 20-oxopregnanes using metal-mediated halogenation as a key reaction, Steroids, 76,497-501, 2011.
- Archana M. Das*, Abdul A. Ali and Manash P. Hazarika, Thermal degradation and kinetic study of vinyl monomer grafted silk fibroin, Int.J.Eng.& Tech. Res., 2, 69-78, 2014.
Awards and Fellowships
- Fellowship : Research Associate Award from Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi, 2003.
- Awards : Fast Track Young Scientist Award from Department of Science & Technology (DST), New Delhi, 2009. International Visitor Leadership Program, U.S. Government, 2012.