|Name||:||DR.SAWLANG BORSINGH WANN|
|Contact Details||:||Ph : +91 0376- 2372771/2372951, Mobile: 9435351478|
|Email id||:||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Plant-Microbe Interactions
- MLP 2000 - Bio-profiling and bio-prospecting microorganisms, plants and insects from North East Gene pool and their application potentials.
- GPP0260 - Screening and molecular characterization of microbial pathogen diversity of Staphylococci and development of diagnostic test for rapid detection
- GPP0277 - Comparative antimicrobial activity and molecular characterization of Clerodendrum species of Thailand & India
- GPP0285 - Induction of systemic resistance through root associated bacteria in Patchouli(Pogostemon Cablin Benth.) and managment of nematode
- BSC0117 - Plant Microbe & Soil Interactions (PMSI)
- A New Method to Control Vascular Wilt of Tomato (Lycopersicon Esculentum) Caused by Fusarium Sp. Through Application of Piper Betle L. Leaf Extract Based Herbal Formulation [Application No. 2514/DEL/2011 A; India; Date of filing of Application: 02/09/2011; Publication date: 08/03/2013]
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications: 19; Chapter in Books: 6 Most Recent Ten Publications:
- B. G. Unni, Arhacna Yadav, Arundhati Chaudhury, Jyotsn Kumari, S. B. Wann and Ranju Sarma (2004). Chebulic myrobalan for controlling bacterial disease in muga silkworm, Antheraea assama- A preliminary report. Natural Product Radiance, 3(5), 347-349.
- Jyotsna Kumari, B. G. Unni, Ranju Sarma, S. B. Wann, Utpala Bora and M. C. Kalita (2005). Induction of bacteriacidal immune proteins in the haemolymph of muga silkworm, Antheraea assama. Indian Journal of Microbiology, 45(4), 273-276.
- BG Unni, Utpala Bora, H R Singh, B S Dileep Kumar, Barnali Devi, S. B. Wann, Archana Bora, B S Bhau, K Neog and R Chakravorty (2008). High yield and quality fibre production by muga silkworm, Antheraea assama through the application of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria. Current Science, Vol. 94. No. 6, pp. 768-774.
- B. G. Unni, Ken E. Peck, M. M. Pytel, K. H. Dahm, G. Bhaskaran, H. Ranjit Singh, Y. Kakoty, B. Devi and S. B. Wann (2009). Dimethyl sulphoxide inhibits in vitro synthesis of juvenile hormone I and II and stimulates juvenile hormone III by corpora allata of insects. Current Science, Vol. 96, No. 8, 25 April 2009.
- A.K. Mukherjee, P. Kalita, B.G. Unni, S.B. Wann, D. Saikia and P.K. Mukhopadhyay (2010). Fatty acid composition of four potential aquatic weeds and their possible use as fish-feed neutraceuticals. Food Chemistry 123 (2010) 1252–1254.
- I.M. Singha, B.G. Unni, Y. Kakoty, J. Das, S.B. Wann, L.Singh and M.C. Kalita (2011). Evaluation of in vitro antifungal activity of medicinal plants against phytopathogenic fungi. Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection, Vol. 44, No. 11, July 2011, 1033–1040 (Taylor & Francis)
- Irom Manoj Singha, Yelena Kakoty, Bala Gopalan Unni, Mohan Chandra Kalita, Jayshree Das, Ashok Naglot, Sawlang Borsingh Wann and Lokendra Singh (2011). Control of Fusarium wilt of tomato caused by Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. lycopersici using leaf extract of Piper betle L.: A preliminary study. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology. Volume 27, Number 11, 2583-2589
- H. R. Singh, B. G. Unni, K. Neog and S. B. Wann (2011). Isolating silkworm genomic DNA without liquid nitrogen suitable for marker studies. African Journal of Biotechnology, Vol. 10 (55), pp. 11365-11372
- Basabrani Devi, Pallavi Dowarah, B. G. Unni, S. B. Wann, I. M. Singha and R. Samanta (2012). Characterizations of selected alpha-amylase producing bacterial strains isolated from soil samples of the alluvial plains of Southern Brahmaputra corridor of Assam. African Journal of Microbiology Research, Vol. 6(25), pp. 5335-5343, 5 July, 2012.
- Basabrani Devi1, B. G. Unni, S. B. Wann and R. Samanta (2012). Immobilization of partially purified alpha-amylase enzyme produced by a soil born Bacillus sp., Advances in Applied Science Research, 3 (5):2739-2744.
Awards and Fellowships
- CSIR Technology Award for Life Sciences (2011)- (Team: Dr. B.G. Unni, Dr. P.G. Rao and Dr. S.B. Wann).